We now require all customers who haven't successfully completed our former verification requirements to enable 3rd Party Pickups on their accounts.
This process adds an additional layer of security from potential fraudulent activity and ensures the account holder's items are not removed from our warehouses without the customer's approval.
NOTE: As a reminder, our Warehouse Team CANNOT RELEASE your order unless this process is completed, even if you choose to pick up your order directly.
No exceptions can be made for our ID Verification requirements.
Steps To Verify Your ID
1. Before starting the verification process, here’s what you need:
- A valid government-issued photo ID document. Not a photocopy or a picture of an ID document.
- Please view the How Can I Digitally Verify If My ID Is Expired? article if you have an expired ID.
- IDs Accepted:
- Passport card
- U.S. Driver license
- U.S. State issued ID card
- Resident permit ID / U.S. Green Card
- Border crossing card
- Child ID card
- NYC card
- U.S. visa card
2. A device with a camera, if possible, use a mobile device. Cameras on mobile devices typically take higher-quality photos than a webcam.
If you block permissions to your camera, refer to Chrome, Safari, Edge documentation listed below on allowing Stripe to use your webcam.
How Do I Enable Camera Access on Google Chrome?
How Do I Enable Camera Access on Safari?
How Do I Enable Camera Access on Microsoft Edge?
3. The quality of the images captured affects success rates dramatically. Below are a few best practices to help ensure that your verification passes:
- Capture a clear image. Make sure that the images are not too dark or bright, and don't have a glare. Hold steady and allow your camera to focus to avoid blurry photos.
- Do not block any part of your ID document in the image. Ideally, you can lay it flat to take the photo.
- Do not block any part of your face. Remove sunglasses, masks, or other accessories.
- Find a location with ambient lighting. Avoid spaces with strong overhead lights that cast a shadow on your face or ID document. Avoid sitting directly in front of a bright light which can wash out your face and add a glare to your ID document.
4. As a reminder, the ACCOUNT HOLDER must complete the ID Verification process in order to enable 3rd Party Pickups on the account.
This information can be located under Contact Name on your Customer Dashboard. Once you've completed this, you just need to provide your contact the Auction Invoice # and advise them to go to the Loading Door when they arrive to obtain your items.
5. Click on the Enable Third Party Pickups HERE link provided at the top of your Auction Invoice page.6. Click on Get started or Complete on a mobile device to proceed to the next step.
7. You can verify your ID by using your mobile phone, webcam from a desktop/laptop, or you can upload a file.
8. Select identification type (We highly recommend you use your Driver’s License, State ID, or Passport).
9. Select Accept and continue to proceed with your ID verification.
10. Click Continue to take a photo of your ID.
11. First, place the FRONT of your ID Document in the CENTER OF THE FRAME. Then, click Looks good to proceed.
12. Next, place the BACK of your ID Document in the CENTER OF THE FRAME. Then, click Looks good to proceed.
13. Click Continue to Verify with a selfie.
14. Make sure to position your face in the center of the frame.
15. And you’re all set!
NOTE: Be sure to complete the ID Verification process before your 3rd Party contact arrives at the warehouse.
Having Trouble Verifying Your ID?